Friday, October 09, 2009

PCing

This week I got my batches of papers to review for NSDI and LATIN. If I'm quiet for a while, I'm busy reading (and writing reviews).

Needless to say, I didn't quite realize I'd get the papers for the two within a couple of days of each other. But it actually seems fine. They're just so different from each other, it's almost refreshing to go from one type of paper to the other.

This will also give me a chance to experience HotCRP and EasyChair "head-to-head". It looks like EasyChair has improved since the last time I used it but HotCRP still seems easier to use so far.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are the key difference in how the reviewing process works for these two conferences e.g., how many reviews per paper in the first round etc? In general, are you more satisfied with the reviewing process of theory conferences or system conferences?

Michael Mitzenmacher said...

A very good question -- I'll address it more in a later post (and I think I've probably addressed it some last year...)