Friday, June 08, 2012

New SIGACT Officers

Lance informs me we have newly elected officers at SIGACT.

Chair:  Paul Beame

Members-at-Large:

Venkatesan Guruswami
Rocco Servedio
Avrim Blum
Tal Rabin

Congratulations/condolences to the winners.  I'm sure Paul will do a great job --
he's a regular commenter here, and I always find his opinions incredibly well thought out,
even in (rare) cases where I disagree.  I can't wait to see what he does.

I'd also like to thank Lance for his service as chair the last few years.  He had the unenviable
job of keeping the community happy, preserving the structures that have served us well while
trying to introduce new ideas where there looked to be room for improvement.  I think he's
done a great job, generating some controversy and discussion while keeping everything moving forward.  He (and the other SIGACT volunteers) deserve our thanks.  So, thanks!

No comments: